The web site for making on-line deposits to inmate accounts is JailATM.
Family members will need a valid email address to set up an account. You will be asked for the email address and you will be sent an email with a link to verify the creation of the account. After the email link is clicked and the account is verified, you will login and be prompted to pick a state from the drop down box (Virginia) then pick our facility name (Western VA Regional Jail) and an inmate name or ID number to search.
In Person Deposits
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If money is delivered in person to the WVRJ, a secure money lock box and envelopes are available in the lobby. Please ensure that all information requested on the envelope is completed. Money can also be placed onto an inmate's account through the ATM located in the lobby. Funds deposited through the ATM are credited to the inmate account immediately.
There is a fee for cash deposits ($2.50) and credit card deposits (10% of amount deposited or $2.50 - whichever amount is greater)
Effective January 1, 2018 the Western Virginia Regional Jail will no longer accept cash, cashier checks, or money orders received through the mail for inmate accounts.
Any funds received in this manner after this date will be returned to sender.
Funds will continue to be accepted for inmate accounts in the following ways:
-> WVRJ Lobby Drop Box - Cash and Money Orders made payable to WVRJ
-> WVRJ Lobby ATM - Cash and Credit Card
-> Jail ATM (https://deposits.jailatm.com/WebDeposits/)
When Funds Will Be Available
- Funds left in the drop box in the lobby or received in the mail will be posted the next business day during business hours.
- Funds left in the drop box or received in the mail on weekends will be posted on Monday during business hours. (If a holiday falls on Monday, funds will be posted the next business day.)
- Funds left in the drop box on holidays will be posted during business hours the next business day.
- Please plan accordingly to ensure funds are available for commissary purchases.
When Funds Must Be Received by for Commissary
- Monday commissary - funds must be received by Thursday
- Wednesday commissary - funds must be received by Monday
Checks & Money Orders
- Cash, money orders, cashier's checks or checks from other correctional facilities will be accepted through the postal system or in person.
- Certified checks and money orders must be made payable to the Western Virginia Regional Jail Inmate Account.
- Personal checks will not be accepted by the jail.
- Money received will be placed on the inmate's account and a receipt will be issued.
Money Brought by Inmate
Any currency an inmate brings into the jail will be credited to his/her inmate account to pay debts and purchase commissary items.